Setting up Google Analytics for 2 Flare outputs

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Lynn_policy_writer
Jr. Propeller Head

Setting up Google Analytics for 2 Flare outputs

Post by Lynn_policy_writer »

Hi All - Flare and Google Analytics is all new to me, so hopefully I'm phrasing my question correctly. My team and I currently have one project where we generate 2 web outputs, so there are 2 web destinations. I have google analytics set up for destination 1, but need to get it set up for destination 2. I have one master page for both web outputs. I added a new property in Google Analytics for destination 2, and was given a new tracking code. But I'm not quite sure what to do next to get analytics for both web pages. Do I create a second master page for destination 2 so I have a place to insert the tracking code for destination 2? Or can I some how integrate it into the sole master page I have for the entire project?

TL;DR - I have one project + one master page where I generate 2 web outputs from. Need to set up google analytics for both. How do I do this?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Setting up Google Analytics for 2 Flare outputs

Post by NorthEast »

Use conditions.

Create two conditions, for destination 1 and 2.

Insert the tracking code for both destinations in the master page, and set a condition on each section of code.

Set up your targets to exclude the appropriate condition; e.g. target 1 would exclude the destination 2 condition.

This is what I do in my projects. And for neatness, I put all the Google Analytics code in a snippet.