December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.

December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

Postby sds on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:02 pm

I was only able to find one other post about this, posted in January 2019. It didn't seem completely resolved.

I decided to add a date/time variable to my Master Page in my Top Nav project. In fact, I have 3 different Master Pages in that project, and at first I'd added it to all 3. When I built the output, I was pleased with the results. Then I tested a search and found the date/time variable defaulted to December 30 1600. I'm fairly good at finding my way around Flare these days, but I just can't get that date/time to show up on my regular Topics, and not on the search page (or, on the search page but properly formatted). I tried removing it from all the Master Pages that didn't need it and it did not resolve it. The other post I mentioned described creating a handmade search page. I'm wanting to avoid that. And I'm assuming Flare uses the (default) Master Page for the Top Nav skin? So I can't set it to another Master Page?

What's more frustrating, is that I have another project that uses the Tripane skin. I put the date/time variable on the Master Page that's used on all Topics, and it doesn't default to December 30 1600 in the search results there. I'm at a loss and hoping for some tips.

EDIT: In the Tripane project, the date/time variable doesn't show up at all. Which tells me that at least in that project, it's not using the Master Page?
sds
Propeller Head

Return to Flare's General Discussion