Upgrade to 2019 R2 problems

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Upgrade to 2019 R2 problems

Post by bunnycat »

Updating to 2019 R2 caused all sorts of problems with my TopNav HTML5 projects.

Broke the ability to use the Search box (??) in topNav help output - Cosmetically it looked fine, but the search button didn't work at all.
Broke the display of the menu proxies that we were using for context-sensitive help navigation in the help topics - big empty blank space where the miniTOC should have been.
Broke the display/use of the TopNav menu in Chrome (reported that one as a bug before we noticed the above 2 bad behaviors).

My team's going to be reverting back to the older 2019 patch level Flare and/or 2018R2 because was at least non-intrusive.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Re: Upgrade to 2019 R2 problems

Post by RecPerch »

I'm seeing several concerning posts here about R2. If a past release was too wonky (as this one seems), did MadCap release a patched version?
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Post by bunnycat »

RecPerch wrote:I'm seeing several concerning posts here about R2. If a past release was too wonky (as this one seems), did MadCap release a patched version?
No patched version as of this morning, although I'm in email thread with their support folks on at least one of the problems.
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Post by bunnycat »

Flare 2019 R2 updated the jQuery library from 3.3.1 to 3.4.1 which is apparently less tolerant of functions or methods that caused warnings.

I had some Google Analytics feedback code that had a warning, but when compiled with Flare 2019 R2 turned into a mess.

I eliminated the function that was erroring out and rebuilt my help with Flare 2019 R2 and it worked.

Hope this knowledge will help someone else. Use your Chrome developer tools and Google Analytics debugger together to make sure that your GA code is good.

CAT
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

My biggest problem is with the new Word import. I don't trust that our current import files will work properly with the new version, so I'm in the middle of some serious testing. I've asked several questions and will pass on my findings.

What I find the biggest pain is that this is an update rather than a new release, so I can't have both 2019 and 2019r2 on my machine at the same time.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

I haven't dared to go to the new version yet because of the problems people seem to be having, even though there are a couple of features I'd like to use. Waiting to see if MadCap can come up with something a bit more stable first.