One topic blackens text; others are fine

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
williamgwilliams
Propeller Head

One topic blackens text; others are fine

Post by williamgwilliams »

I have a help system in which one topic (and only one) blackens the text (well, you can barely see it beneath a black veneer):
Bad_Topic.png
Here is what it should look like (from a previous compile, several days ago, but I can't think of any specific styling changes I've made to this particular topic:
Good_Version_of_Topic_in_Earlier_Compile.png
And here is a different topic in the same compile as the "bad" topic:
Good_Topic.png
Ah, I solved it, but am still going to post this, in case anyone else runs into it. It turns out that somehow I had introduced a second <body> elements, which was body.front, and was overlaying the other <body>, For some reason this wasn't detectable (at least I didn't detect it) in the XHTML view. But when I clicked in the Text view a faint box surrounded (most of) the topic. (I'd send a screenshot of this, but I managed to delete the body.front intruder and I don't want to try reintroduce it for a screeenshot. :) ). Anyway, I have no idea how I introduced this fiasco, and in the most important topic, but if any of you ever does the same, look for the shadow body.front and remove it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: One topic blackens text; others are fine

Post by BedfordWriter »

I'd start by comparing both the topic properties and the TOC entry's properties to those of a well-behaved topic.