Xref conflicts with heading tags

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
PoojaTiwari
Jr. Propeller Head

Xref conflicts with heading tags

Post by PoojaTiwari »

Hi,

I am facing an issue in madcap to create cross reference. I have three column layout for inner masterpage. I have added bodyproxy in middle of container. I have placed menuproxy under a div that is just before body proxy container. In left side menu div I have added a version dropdown with heading "Version" and add another heading "Content" for menu proxy.

Now! when I am trying to add Xref in any topic the link will always correct but the text of xref always replace with my first heading "Version". I try to remove first heading and then try again to create xref then the text will replace with next heading "Content". I am unable to figure out what is the issue here.

I have figure out xref are working fine if heading tags are in body content( content generated by body proxy) or after body proxy. If you will place any of heading tag before body proxy it will create conflict.

May be this is a bug in madcap 2019 r2.
Kindly let me know if any body face this issue or have any solution for this.
Madcap Certified Advanced Developer
:flare:Image
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Xref conflicts with heading tags

Post by devjoe »

Try making a fake heading style, a p class with the formatting of your headings, to apply to those Content and Version headings, so the real body heading is the first one on the page.
PoojaTiwari
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Xref conflicts with heading tags

Post by PoojaTiwari »

devjoe wrote:Try making a fake heading style, a p class with the formatting of your headings, to apply to those Content and Version headings, so the real body heading is the first one on the page.
Yes, I am using same method. But my client want fix this.
Madcap Certified Advanced Developer
:flare:Image