Scaling publication of articles with Salesforce Integration

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
smoore132
Jr. Propeller Head

Scaling publication of articles with Salesforce Integration

Post by smoore132 »

I am using a single Flare project for a product that has a client and cloud component. Each component has a separate set of release notes that are released at different times each month. In addition, we frequently update older versions of release notes to let users know if we find an issue that impacts an older release so there are always a lot of in-progress drafts in the project. I would like to keep the client and cloud release notes in the same Flare project, but have the following issue. Any topic in my Flare project is automatically published to the Drafts folder in Salesforce (so internal people start previewing them and asking questions too early). My workaround is to apply a different conditional tag to each version of each client and cloud release note and create a separate target for each component’s release and version that excludes all other conditions. For example:

Topic: Client Beta Release Note A,
Used in Target: Client Beta RN A
Includes Conditional Tag: ClientBetaA condition, and excludes all other conditional tags
… times 12 or more releases per year

Topic: Client GA Release Note A
Used in Target: Client GA RN A
Includes Conditional Tag: ClientA condition, and excludes all other conditional tags
… times 12 or more releases per year

Topic: Cloud Release Note 1
Used in Target: Cloud RN 1
Includes Conditional Tag: Cloud1 condition, and excludes all other conditional tags
...times 12 releases per year

I’m not sure how this will scale over time, and even if I break the Client and Cloud into separate Flare Projects, I would have a minimum of 24 client release notes per year (Beta and GA), and 12 Cloud release notes per year. Over a few years, that is a lot of targets and conditions to maintain and scale. Does anyone have a better/more scalable solution for this?

Shannon
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Scaling publication of articles with Salesforce Integrat

Post by devjoe »

Make a Cloud tag, a Client tag, and a Draft tag. Apply the draft tag to new topics when you create them. When they are ready to publish remove the draft tag and apply whichever other tag applies.
Make a target for all your client release notes, one for all your cloud release notes, and one for draft release notes you can use internally for review.
smoore132
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Scaling publication of articles with Salesforce Integrat

Post by smoore132 »

I'll give this a try. I knew I was overthinking it. Thanks so much.