Topic Rating Plugin

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Topic Rating Plugin

Post by parsonsv »

I'm looking for a plug-in that will do the following:

1) Allow users to rate a topic. After the user rates the topic, the rating is then added to the other ratings and the topic will show the average number of stars its been rated. I don't want a list of user names and what they rated the topic. I just want the topic to show how many times its been rated and what the average rating is.

2) If possible, I'd like a way for users to submit feedback that goes anonymously to a site or to an email where we can address the feedback.

Does anyone know of something like this?
Victoria Clarke
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Topic Rating Plugin

Post by BedfordWriter »

Google analytics? Not exactly what you're asking for, but close enough to make it work.
There are a couple of threads here that describe how to go about it.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by parsonsv »

Thanks for the reply. We have analytics. I'm looking at a way for interaction by the end user vs. just page analytics (which we also use and is quite useful in its own right). An update: For capturing user feedback to help us sustain the content, we are currently using Hotjar (as we had it in-house), but Mopinion holds a lot more promise and we are investigating that as a replacement. To date, we have not landed on a tool that would show stars at the bottom of each topic to enable end users to rate the topics. To be honest, we're not even sure we want that.
Victoria Clarke
eddiebo924
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by eddiebo924 »

Hello,

In a similar position here at our company. Wanted to check in to see if you have an update parsonv? Have you folks made any progress? Please share. Thanks much!

ed
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by parsonsv »

eddiebo924 wrote:Hello,

In a similar position here at our company. Wanted to check in to see if you have an update parsonv? Have you folks made any progress? Please share. Thanks much!

ed
Hi Ed
We learned that there's no software that does both: allows for ratings and provides a way for users to submit feedback (anonymously) about the site. To date, we have concentrated on the feedback tool, as that was most important. We trialed Mopinion and really liked it. We then learned our company already had Hotjar, so we implemented that instead and it's a little ho hum. There are very few possibilities for customizing the feedback box in what it says and the icons in it, and you can't categorize the feedback. Our hope is that we will eventually get mopinion as I believe it'll be a better solution.
Victoria Clarke