Font Awesome 5 Help

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
mikey_mack
Jr. Propeller Head

Font Awesome 5 Help

Post by mikey_mack »

I've seen that others have Font Awesome working and have tried to follow other posts to get this resolved, but am running into a wall. I'm not sure if my setup is different than others, so I'll try to give as many details as possible.

I have note and warning callouts where I have Font Awesome icons working perfectly for HTML output, but not PDF. I'm using the icons in a :before pseudo. One specific call-out is my Warning call-out, which uses the Pro Regular font (which I have installed from my computer) and have the font weight set to 400. I also set the font-style to 400 as well, in case it was looking for that as well. The style previewer shows the icon correctly.

My main stylesheet has the following:

Code: Select all

@font-face 
{
	font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Pro Regular";
	src: url(../Font Awesome/Font Awesome 5 Pro-Regular-400.otf);
	font-weight: 400;
}
And the Font Awesome kit only has .otf files in the zip. Per above, HTML5 output works no problem, PDF does not show the icons. What else could I be missing? I'm pulling out what's left of my hair.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Font Awesome 5 Help

Post by Psider »

Perhaps try quotes around the url, as it has spaces in it?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Font Awesome 5 Help

Post by NorthEast »

@font-face is used only for HTML5 help, to display fonts in a browser - it doesn't work for PDFs.

For PDFs, you need to install the font in Windows, then Flare can embed it in the PDF.

I use FontAwesome 4.7 in PDFs, and I installed the TTF file in Windows.

Also, note that for PDFs, you need to use the font name as it is displayed in Windows for the font-family - e.g. the name you see in Flare's font list. So you might need to use a different font-family for PDFs and HTML5 (or change the name in @font-face to match the font name used for Windows/PDFs).