Post-Build Event to kick off another build?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
claypool
Propeller Head

Post-Build Event to kick off another build?

Post by claypool »

Good Morning - I've been reading about/testing how to create a post-build event command that will kick off a build of a second target, but I can't seem to get it to actually work.

What I am looking to do is to be able to build my PDF output target, and have it immediately then build my HTML5 target. From my research, it looks like I should be able to enter a command line in the post-build event command dialog of the PDF target and get it to work, but I must be missing something. Can anyone help? What I have in the dialog is the following:

cd C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare 15\Flare.app

madbuild -project $(ProjectDirectory)$(ProjectName) -target "TARGET HTML5"

Is there something glaringly wrong that I am simply overlooking, or is this not even possible and I am completely mistaken in thinking it is.

I originally created a batch target, but the issue I've run into is that My HTML5 target pulls in the PDF output file to link to a toolbar button, and it builds faster than the PDF output, so that doesn't work!

Thanks in advance for your help

**IMMEDIATE UPDATE - I removed the build variables, and replaced them with the actual directory structure, and now it works fine. I apologize for the unnecessary question!***