Microcontent search phrases

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rogersm
Propeller Head

Microcontent search phrases

Post by rogersm »

Hi there,

Just two questions around microcontent and phrases that maybe someone can help with?

* If you add two similar search phrases to microcontent, how does flare determine which one to display? For example, let us say I add the phrases "traffic lights" and "traffic crossing" and I link each of these phrases to different microcontent responses. When a user searches using the term "traffic", which response content does flare choose to display?

* If you add more than one microcontent file, how do you manage unique phrases? If you use one microcontent file, flare only allows you to add unique phrases and this makes sense. For example, you can only add the phrase "traffic lights" once to a microcontent file. However, a colleague could create an additional microcontent file and add the phrase "traffic lights" to it and link it to completely different content.
I am not sure why you would even need to add more than one microcontent file, but maybe that is a separate question :D .

thanks,
mark
rogersm
Propeller Head

Re: Microcontent search phrases

Post by rogersm »

Here are the replies I got from madcap support:

"The Micro-Content behavior goes off of the first phrase added to the Micro-content File. For instance adding a phrase Traffic B as the first entry and after adding Traffic A and C in the same micro-content file. After refreshing the phrases in the micro-content file the current behavior appears to be structure the phrases in alphabetical order however when building the HTML5 output and typing "Traffic" in the search results in Traffic B displaying as the first result."

"If you have multiple micro-content files it will only include one micro-content file. An option is to make sure to apply conditions to the file to make sure the right one is added to the target."