File size limit when uploading to SharePoint?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rjplano
Propeller Head

File size limit when uploading to SharePoint?

Post by rjplano »

We've set up a Destination to a SharePoint site and have successfully uploaded HTML5 output to the site. We have also created a target to create PDFs of the individual topics so users would have access to them in that format as well. However, when we try to upload the PDFs to SharePoint , we get a message: "The request message is too big. The server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes." Anyone know if this is a Flare limitation or something set up in our SharePoint implementation? Seems odd either way.

Thanks.
BaritoneJP
Propeller Head

Re: File size limit when uploading to SharePoint?

Post by BaritoneJP »

Question for your SharePoint html5 publishing. Would you mind sharing with me how you upload the output to SharePoint?
Thank you for your comments and help with my quandary ...
Jamey
rjplano
Propeller Head

Post by rjplano »

Sorry, haven't checked the forums recently.

First step is to connect to the SharePoint site using the SharePoint Explorer in Flare. Open SP Explorer, select the Connect to SharePoint Server button, then enter the server URL. Flare will check that the connection goes through. If it doesn't, you might have to get IT involved to check permissions, etc.

Next, set up a Destination for the SharePoint location, using Type: File System. The Directory box holds the URL for the actual location to which you want to upload (which will be the URL you entered in SP Explorer or a subdirectory of the URL). You generally want to select the Upload Log File, Upload Only Changed Files, and Remove Outdated Published Files check boxes. The Destination will then show up in the Publishing tab of the Target window. Select the Publish check box there and you should be good to go to select the Publish option for the Target.
DarcieC
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DarcieC »

I have this same issue. I've put in a ticket to MadCap for further assistance.
peterb
Propeller Head

Post by peterb »

I just ran into this problem for the first time. Did anyone who worked with MadCap Support get some information on how to get around this size cap? Thank you!

Peter
Lan_OZ
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lan_OZ »

I have run into this problem this week. Has anyone worked out how to resolve this?
Thanks
Lan
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? I am running into it as well, and have a ticket with MadCap Flare and my company's IT.