Title case in headings

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Mari Carmen
Jr. Propeller Head

Title case in headings

Post by Mari Carmen »

Hi all. I know Flare enables you to set the case of text on a style and capitalize the first letter of each word in a header by using the Capitalize option from the text-transform property. However, is there a way to apply title case according to The Chicago Manual of Style? Or does anyone know if there's a Flare plugin to do so? Many thanks.
RT_2607
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Title case in headings

Post by RT_2607 »

Hi,
I do not know if this is too late and you have found a solution for this. In case, if you are still searching for the solution, then hear it is:
Once you set the text-transform to "lower-case" in H1, you need to create a pseudo-class under it as first letter and set its text-transform to upper-case.
But this does not update the cross-references or hyperlinks. Do you have a solution of fixing the cross-refs automatically once this style is applied.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Title case in headings

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I wouldn't think there'd be a useful tool that could do it properly, because of the variety of rules for when a word should start with a capital and when not. I find text-transform to be more useful when applying small caps or all caps to the whole thing, but using it properly still relies on the person writing the content typing with the appropriate capitals in the right places - it's a real pain if you want to go from "THIS IS A TITLE" to "This is a Title" if whoever input the text originally typed "This is a TITLE"!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx