Performance issues with Madcap search and Microcontent

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rogersm
Propeller Head

Performance issues with Madcap search and Microcontent

Post by rogersm »

Hi all,

We are using Madcap search and are testing microcontent (v2019 R2). Our output is published to a server location and made available to our customers via a password protected website. We have noticed that sometimes when you search for a term, the search spinning icon displays as if the search is progressing normally, but it then just hangs or the search takes a long time. This does not seem to occur when we produce an output that has no microcontent.

Has anyone else noticed any performance issues with madcap search and microcontent?

thanks,
mark
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Performance issues with Madcap search and Microcontent

Post by Feebeegeebee »

rogersm wrote: Has anyone else noticed any performance issues with madcap search and microcontent?
Hi Mark,
Yes. I had varying search results as soon as I started using Microcontent in Flare 2019.
  • I could search for a word in the output on my local Windows machine & get the correct results.
  • I could search for the same term with the output on an Apache server & get the correct results.
  • However, on a Linux machine, searching for the same term just caused the search to hang.
Are you by any chance publishing your output on a Linux server?

Weirdly, it didn't happen for every Microcontent term, just some of them.
Madcap Support looked into the issue, but couldn't replicate it, so I never did get any resolution.
Regards,
feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
rogersm
Propeller Head

Re: Performance issues with Madcap search and Microcontent

Post by rogersm »

Thanks Feebeegeebee, I will have to ask our IT people if the server is running on Linux.