Insert link to download pdf in online help?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Dafna
Jr. Propeller Head

Insert link to download pdf in online help?

Post by Dafna »

Is there a way to insert a link to download a pdf? I have created a hyperlink and added the download="XXX" attribute to my link but the PDF file still opens in the browser window. My PDF file is fillable and must be opened in adobe reader to be filled.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Insert link to download pdf in online help?

Post by doloremipsum »

People can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's about the browser settings rather than Flare. When I used Google Chrome it always opened PDFs directly in the browser (with a download button in the toolbar), while Firefox gives me a choice between downloading or opening the PDF in the browser. Just modern browsers trying to be convenient!

You might have to add a note to the page advising people to download and open the PDF in Adobe, unfortunately.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Re: Insert link to download pdf in online help?

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

doloremipsum wrote:People can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's about the browser settings rather than Flare. When I used Google Chrome it always opened PDFs directly in the browser (with a download button in the toolbar), while Firefox gives me a choice between downloading or opening the PDF in the browser.
I found this to be true as well. Adding the attribute gave me the same behavior in Chrome and Firefox. In IE, however, the attribute was ignored and the PDF always opened in a new tab.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1