Flare reformats my HTML

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
czupke
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare reformats my HTML

Post by czupke »

Flare is reformatting my HTML text and it is driving me insane. I use both the text editor and the XML editor. Periodically, Flare removes the tabs and line breaks from my text, which collapses my lists into one long string. I have complex nested lists, <pre></pre>, and I use snippets a lot. When Flare reformats my text it makes makes it unreadable. (Below is a simple example of what I'm talking about. Below that is what my real-world text ends up looking like.)

This happens a lot but I can't figure out what causes it, other than switching between editors and trying to add content to an empty <p></p> pair in the XML editor. Does anyone have any ideas?

It turns:
<li>MonitorDAMDrop</li>
<li>RegenerateDAMVariant</li>
</ul>
</li>

into:

An actual example of my resulting text:
<ul><li>DAMReportUtility</li><li>MonitorDAMDrop</li><li>RegenerateDAMVariant</li></ul><p>replace it with the ImageGlue .NET utility from the patch folder:</p><ol style="list-style-type: lower-alpha;"><li>Create a backup of the utility folder:
<pre><i><install-drive></i>:\Enterworks\Utilities\<i><utility-name></i></pre><p>by appending <code>-archive</code> to its name:</p><pre><i><install-drive></i>:\Enterworks\Utilities\<i><utility-name></i>-archive</pre></li><li>Copy the new .NET utility folder from the patch folder to take the place of the original utility folder. Copy:
<pre xml:space="preserve"><i><install-drive></i>:\EWSoftware\EnableServer_10.<i><x></i>_Enable_patch_<i><yyyymmdd_tttt></i>\Utilities\DotNet\<i><utility-name></i></pre><p>to:</p><pre><i><install-drive></i>:\Enterworks\Utilities\</pre><p>You should now have a folder named:</p><pre><i><install-drive></i>:\Enterworks\Utilities\<i><utility-name></i></pre></li></ol></li>
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare reformats my HTML

Post by doloremipsum »

I had this problem with nested lists as well. This mostly happened when I configured the lists in a way that was not what Flare expected.

This will cause collapse:

Code: Select all

<ul><li>Here is some text in a list item.
  <ul><li>Here is the second level</li></ul>
</li></ul>
Whereas this is fine:

Code: Select all

<ul><li><p>Here is some text in a paragraph.</p>
  <ul><li>Here is the second level</li></ul>
</li></ul>
Essentially it wants you to convert your list items to paragraph list items ( CTRL + ; ) before you nest another list in them. It is also acceptable to nest a list directly inside the ul/ol element (i.e. not inside a list item).

At least that's my experience!
Last edited by doloremipsum on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare reformats my HTML

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Thanks for the tip, doloremipsum. I didn't know that!

Cheers,
-jeff