2020 r2 CSS Missing

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
danielsp
Jr. Propeller Head

2020 r2 CSS Missing

Post by danielsp »

Recently upgraded to 2020 r2 and have discovered that it is ignoring my CSS for all topics. I discovered this when I created a new topic for the first time since the upgrade. I couldn't use any of the Styles previously created in the CSS. I tried using 2019 r2 and it all works fine. I have made a support request, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: 2020 r2 CSS Missing

Post by doc_guy »

Huh.

Is your style sheet set in the project properties?

Paul Pehrson
My Blog

danielsp
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by danielsp »

All properties correct with the CSS in place. There would be no reason to change this after the upgrade.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

I too have something weird happening with my stylesheets since upgrading to Flare 2020 r2.

All of a sudden my Glossary terms in the output have the open/close icon next to them. In my style sheet and the image has been set to none. When I do an examination of the output HTML (F12 in Chrome), I can see that the element is being controlled by TOPIC.CSS. I have searched and the only place this CSS appears in my project is in the Output file, so it is being generated by Flare.

Not sure how to fix this as I don't know how to control something Flare is generating under the covers.

Louise.
danielsp
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by danielsp »

Hi Louise, Fortunately, my company invested in a Maintenance Contract with MadCap so I have reported the issue. I sent them a copy of the Project and they are working on it. I'll let you know the outcome.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Thanks, I'd appreciate that as I've run out of ideas.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

In the meantime, if you can use the web developer tools in a browser (typically by pressing F12) to determine the style class of the image in your output, you may be able to add a line to your CSS to set that style class to display: none; which will effectively remove the image from the output.

I hope that helps,
-jeff
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Hi Jeff,

You must be psychic! I actually has a recommendation from MadCap support to do the same thing. I had already identified the problematic style,as you suggested, and when I set that to Display: None in the main project CSS, the problem was solved.

Louise.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

WOOT! :mrgreen:

Glad it worked out, even if it's just a workaround for now.