Add Application Insights for Web Server to Flare project

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Dafna
Jr. Propeller Head

Add Application Insights for Web Server to Flare project

Post by Dafna »

Has anyone added Application Insights to their flare project on an Azure server?
When I add the following script to my project Masterpage I get the message "Invalid syntax on or inside 'n' tag.

<script type="text/javascript">
!function(T,l,y){var S=T.location,u="script",k="instrumentationKey",D="ingestionendpoint",C="disableExceptionTracking",E="ai.device.",I="toLowerCase",b="crossOrigin",w="POST",e="appInsightsSDK",t=y.name||"appInsights";(y.name||T[e])&&(T[e]=t);var n=T[t]||function(d){var g=!1,f=!1,m={initialize:!0,queue:[],sv:"4",version:2,config:d};function v(e,t){var n={},a="Browser";return n[E+"id"]=a(),n[E+"type"]=a,n["ai.operation.name"]=S&&S.pathname||"_unknown_",n["ai.internal.sdkVersion"]="javascript:snippet_"+(m.sv||m.version),{time:function(){var e=new Date;function t(e){var t=""+e;return 1===t.length&&(t="0"+t),t}return e.getUTCFullYear()+"-"+t(1+e.getUTCMonth())+"-"+t(e.getUTCDate())+"T"+t(e.getUTCHours())+":"+t(e.getUTCMinutes())+":"+t(e.getUTCSeconds())+"."+((e.getUTCMilliseconds()/1e3).toFixed(3)+"").slice(2,5)+"Z"}(),iKey:e,name:"Microsoft.ApplicationInsights."+e.replace(/-/g,"")+"."+t,sampleRate:100,tags:n,data:{baseData:{ver:2}}}}var h=d.url||y.src;if(h){function a(e){var t,n,a,i,r,o,s,c,p,l,u;g=!0,m.queue=[],f||(f=!0,t=h,s=function(){var e={},t=d.connectionString;if(t)for(var n=t.split(";"),a=0;a<n.length;a++){var i=n[a].split("=");2===i.length&&(e[i[0]()]=i[1])}if(!e[D]){var r=e.endpointsuffix,o=r?e.location:null;e[D]="https://"+(o?o+".":"")+"dc."+(r||"services.visualstudio.com")}return e}(),c=s[k]||d[k]||"",p=s[D],l=p?p+"/v2/track":config.endpointUrl,(u=[]).push((n="SDK LOAD Failure: Failed to load Application Insights SDK script (See stack for details)",a=t,i=l,(o=(r=v(c,"Exception")).data).baseType="ExceptionData",o.baseData.exceptions=[{typeName:"SDKLoadFailed",message:n.replace(/\./g,"-"),hasFullStack:!1,stack:n+"\nSnippet failed to load ["+a+"] -- Telemetry is disabled\nHelp Link: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2128109\nHost: "+(S&&S.pathname||"_unknown_")+"\nEndpoint: "+i,parsedStack:[]}],r)),u.push(function(e,t,n,a){var i=v(c,"Message"),r=i.data;r.baseType="MessageData";var o=r.baseData;return o.message='AI (Internal): 99 message:"'+("SDK LOAD Failure: Failed to load Application Insights SDK script (See stack for details) ("+n+")").replace(/\"/g,"")+'"',o.properties={endpoint:a},i}(0,0,t,l)),function(e,t){if(JSON){var n=T.fetch;if(n&&!y.useXhr)n(t,{method:w,body:JSON.stringify(e),mode:"cors"});else if(XMLHttpRequest){var a=new XMLHttpRequest;a.open(w,t),a.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/json"),a.send(JSON.stringify(e))}}}(u,l))}function i(e,t){f||setTimeout(function(){!t&&m.core||a()},500)}var e=function(){var n=l.createElement(u);n.src=h;var e=y;return!e&&""!==e||"undefined"==n||(n=e),n.onload=i,n.onerror=a,n.onreadystatechange=function(e,t){"loaded"!==n.readyState&&"complete"!==n.readyState||i(0,t)},n}();y.ld<0?l.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(e):setTimeout(function(){l.getElementsByTagName(u)[0].parentNode.appendChild(e)},y.ld||0)}try{m.cookie=l.cookie}catch(p){}function t(e){for(;e.length;)!function(t){m[t]=function(){var e=arguments;g||m.queue.push(function(){m[t].apply(m,e)})}}(e.pop())}var n="track",r="TrackPage",o="TrackEvent";t([n+"Event",n+"PageView",n+"Exception",n+"Trace",n+"DependencyData",n+"Metric",n+"PageViewPerformance","start"+r,"stop"+r,"start"+o,"stop"+o,"addTelemetryInitializer","setAuthenticatedUserContext","clearAuthenticatedUserContext","flush"]),m.SeverityLevel={Verbose:0,Information:1,Warning:2,Error:3,Critical:4};var s=(d.extensionConfig||{}).ApplicationInsightsAnalytics||{};if(!0!==d[C]&&!0!==s[C]){method="onerror",t(["_"+method]);var c=T[method];T[method]=function(e,t,n,a,i){var r=c&&c(e,t,n,a,i);return!0!==r&&m["_"+method]({message:e,url:t,lineNumber:n,columnNumber:a,error:i}),r},d.autoExceptionInstrumented=!0}return m}(y.cfg);(T[t]=n).queue&&0===n.queue.length&&n.trackPageView({})}(window,document,{
src: "https://az416426.vo.msecnd.net/scripts/b/ai.2.min.js", // The SDK URL Source
//name: "appInsights", // Global SDK Instance name defaults to "appInsights" when not supplied
//ld: 0, // Defines the load delay (in ms) before attempting to load the sdk. -1 = block page load and add to head. (default) = 0ms load after timeout,
//useXhr: 1, // Use XHR instead of fetch to report failures (if available),
//crossOrigin: "anonymous", // When supplied this will add the provided value as the cross origin attribute on the script tag
cfg: { // Application Insights Configuration
instrumentationKey: "YOUR_INSTRUMENTATION_KEY_GOES_HERE"
/* ...Other Configuration Options... */
}});
</script>
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Add Application Insights for Web Server to Flare project

Post by NorthEast »

I'm guessing you just pasted that directly into the text editor. If you want to insert the script like that in Flare you have to be in the XML editor and use Insert > Script.

However, I'd suggest putting the script (not including <script> tags) inside a .js file, and then use Insert > Script and select Browse to create a link to the .js file in your master page.