How to count number of times each snippet is used

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

How to count number of times each snippet is used

Post by TraceyYates »

I am a big fan of snippets and use them a lot in my projects, but sometimes I have find that I have a created a snippet that I end up using only once in the project, instead of the multiple times I had had anticipated. A snippet used only once seems rather pointless to me, and creates a unnecessary "clutter" in my Snippets folder. I would like to identify and convert those single-use instances of snippets to simple text, to reduce the number of files in my projects.

However, I have not found a way in Flare's various reports to get a count on the number of times each snippet is used in a project. Am I overlooking a checkbox somewhere, or is there a way to do this at all?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this project! :)

Tracey
gtran
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to count number of times each snippet is used

Post by gtran »

I just had this same question come up on my team yesterday. Did you find a solution at all? I'm going to start thinking about it more today.. I have some ideas, but I don't know of any easy way off the top of my head.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Try running a static report (Project Organizer > Reports > Add Report File) and under the Snippets section, select Used Snippets. Generate the report and then open it in a browser. (Or you could have elected to print the report.) Each snippet will have listed below it the path(s) to the file(s) that call it. You'll be able to easily see which snippets are used in only one file. I don't know a way to get this same listing with any of the Analysis ribbon's dynamic reports.

For more on reports, see https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... eports.htm.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
kevinmcl
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by kevinmcl »

I just point to a snippet in the Snippets folder for the project, and right-click, and select View Links.

Over on the right-hand side of the Flare window a pane displays the incoming and outgoing links for the selected file.
De gustibus non disputandum est