Collected Source Files and Generated Files?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
madharrison
Jr. Propeller Head

Collected Source Files and Generated Files?

Post by madharrison »

Hi there,

I looked at my Flare project's .flprj file in an XML viewer and found some strange things. I'd like to know what these unusual things are and what to do with them. These are Collected Source Files and Generated Files.

<CollectedSourceFiles> / Collected Source Files:
In the XML viewer for my .flprj file, there's a <CollectedSourceFiles> tag. Inside this tag are Source URLs and AbsoluteSource URLs. Some of these URLs direct to my colleague's local drive (I don't think he's touched this project in years). Some of these URLs also direct to a source control folder.
I'm guessing Source URL is a relative location, and AbsoluteSource URL is an absolute location.
Furthermore, there's a <SkippedSourceFiles> with more Source and AbsoluteSource URLs.
What does this all mean?

<GeneratedFiles> / Generated Files:
In the XML viewer for my .flprj file, there's a <GeneratedFiles> tag. What are Generated Files?
In my project, they have odd timestamps (01/01/01 12AM) and refer to a folder that doesn't even exist.

Is there a way to tidy or effectively organise these tags?

Thank you
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Collected Source Files and Generated Files?

Post by NorthEast »

I've not seen that in any of my .flprj files, but I've seen it in import files which have .flimp* extensions, e.g. .flimpfl (Flare project import).
In an import file, it lists the original source files that were used by the import, and the topic files that were generated by Flare.

So maybe it's import information? Not sure, as I've not seen it in a project .flprj file.