Broken links in AliasFile.flali

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Ellu
Propeller Head

Broken links in AliasFile.flali

Post by Ellu »

When looking at the Broken links listing in my Flare project, I see missing files in AliasFile.flali, with the Link tag "map". When I check the AliasFile.flali itself, there are no broken links. Everything is "green" and no warnings.
How do I get rid of these broken links that I cannot see anywhere?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Broken links in AliasFile.flali

Post by NorthEast »

As you noted, broken links should appear in the alias editor (marked in red).

That makes me think it could actually be a corrupt Analyzer database, and you don't have broken links, or the Alias editor isn't displaying them correctly. To check this, close your project and Flare, then in Windows Explorer delete the Analyzer folder for the project. Flare will scan your project when you next open it, and rebuild the Analyzer database - and this might update what you see in the Broken Links list or the Alias Editor.

If that doesn't fix it, then presumably you do actually have broken links. The Broken Links window has an icon (5th from left) to fix broken links, where you can select alternative topics. You can also edit the alias file in a text editor to remove links, but you shouldn't really have to do that because the Alias Editor should normally display broken links and let you fix them.
Ellu
Propeller Head

Re: Broken links in AliasFile.flali

Post by Ellu »

That seemed to do the trick, thanks!