Project Properties>Advanced>Master page missing[FIXED]

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Project Properties>Advanced>Master page missing[FIXED]

Post by M33R4 »

Created my project originally as an HTML5.

Then added a PDF target to it later down the line.

Issue: when I Build my HTML5 project, the build is failing every time, with a message saying
Search.htm:Failed to parse master page file.

From this error, I thought I'd check under Project Properties, to see which Master page the project was using. I cannot find my HTML5 Master pages in the list. Instead, as you can see in the attachment below, it's offering a choice of Default or Page Layouts (which is for printed/PDF):
projectpropertiesmasterpage.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M33R4 on Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Project Properties>Advanced>Master page missing

Post by Nita Beck »

That "Master Page Layout" field in Project properties is referring to page layout files, whose extension is .flpgl. Flare is asking you which one you want to use as the "master" page layout for the whole project. That field is not referring to master page files, whose extension is .flmsp. The confusion stems, IMO, from MadCap's poor labeling of "Master Page Layout". Flare doesn't offer the option of setting a "master" master page for the project. Master pages are set at the target or topic level.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Project Properties>Advanced>Master page missing

Post by M33R4 »

Nita Beck wrote:That "Master Page Layout" field in Project properties is referring to page layout files, whose extension is .flpgl. Flare is asking you which one you want to use as the "master" page layout for the whole project. That field is not referring to master page files, whose extension is .flmsp. The confusion stems, IMO, from MadCap's poor labeling of "Master Page Layout". Flare doesn't offer the option of setting a "master" master page for the project. Master pages are set at the target or topic level.
Many thanks for the reassurance Nita.
Newbie to MadCap Flare