Analyzing use of glossary terms

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ArdisRamey
Propeller Head

Analyzing use of glossary terms

Post by ArdisRamey »

Hello, all! I'm looking for a way to easily analyze how glossary terms are used throughout an existing (HTML5) project I've inherited. I know I can look at the glossary files themselves to see some info, but what I'm really interested in is seeing how many glossary terms are used, in which (or how many) topics, and whether any glossary terms aren't linked to at all throughout our docs (and that kind of thing).

I was hoping that there would be something within the Analyzer to get me started, but it looks like I'm out of luck on OOtB resources. Does anyone know how I might go about generating this information about my project (without having to pour through it by hand)?

My thanks,
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Analyzing use of glossary terms

Post by NorthEast »

Have you looked at the glossary reports? - Files With Glossary Term Links, and Used Glossary Term Links.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... yTermLinks

These only work if you generate your glossary by marking the glossary terms in your topics - i.e. use Convert only marked terms in your target.
But if you don't mark your glossary terms, and just use the target settings Convert first/all occurrences, then Flare doesn't report anything.