Spaces going missing

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Ellu
Propeller Head

Spaces going missing

Post by Ellu »

One more weird problem. I have noticed that in some topics, lots of spaces between words have gone missing. See the screenshot.
WHAT could cause this? Is this a style problem yet again?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Spaces going missing

Post by NorthEast »

You say they've "gone", so you mean there were spaces before?
If there were spaces before, then what sorts of things have you been doing with the topics?

I doubt it's a style problem. You can see the Flare spell check is highlighting spelling errors, which presumably means there aren't any spaces between the words.
But you can easily check that by switching the topic to Text Editor view in Flare.
Ellu
Propeller Head

Post by Ellu »

Yes, these topics have included spaces earlier. For some unknown reason, they have disappeared. The only thing I can think of is cleaning up some old styles after change of CSS stylesheet in the project - but the same has been done in every file (more than 2000 of them) and only like 20 topics are now missing spaces.
Of course I can (and will) manually add the spaces back, but just wondering what could cause something like this to happen in the first place. And maybe avoid it in the future.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Making changes to a CSS in a stylesheet has no impact on the content in a topic file - they're physically separate files.
The CSS only affects the presentation of the topics in a browser (or Flare's editor), it can't change the actual content in a topic file.

If you use source control, you will be able to check the history and changes to the topic files.