Looking for information on Project Architecture

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Looking for information on Project Architecture

Post by ktbCA57 »

I am being appointed as the Tech Writing team's project architect. I have been tasked with providing background information on just what that entails, what the job description would be, and then create a best practices guide.

It is my hope that someone in this forum can provide resources and suggestions as to what should be included in this information. I have googled and the information is far and wide - but not finding anything super-specific to Flare projects. As Flare is our tool, I feel I need to include some specific points that directly address creating/organizing a project in Flare.

Is there anyone out there that might have some input on this?

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season! Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Looking for information on Project Architecture

Post by Nita Beck »

You might start by reading some ideas from MadCap themselves. See https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ecture.htm. Once there, you can download a PDF guide that describes the architecture of their own documentation.

You might also peruse a few of MadCap's recorded webinars for ideas on how to document project architecture, as just one subject of interest to an authoring team. There are several that might be of interest.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Looking for information on Project Architecture

Post by ktbCA57 »

GREAT! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!