Tabs in Topics

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Tabs in Topics

Post by ktbCA57 »

The other day I sent a PM to one of the experts (i.e., Dave Lee) in the forum to ask about where I could find information about tabs in topics as I've not been able to find anything in the Flare help system... These are something I've wanted to use since they came out. I have been unable to find much information about working with them... When Dave kindly replied (see his response below), his comments made me wonder what experience other Flare users might have had with tabs, and whether or not I really want to try to use them... so Any input is greatly appreciated.

Here's what Dave had to say about tabs in topics

Tabs aren't provided by Flare out of the box, and it's something you need to implement yourself - i.e. using HTML, CSS and javascript.
But you will find lots of examples if you do a general Google search.

Personally I've avoided using tabs because they won't work that well with Flare's search; so when you click on a search result and open a topic, the search term could be hidden inside a tab.
Whereas if you use Flare's dropdowns or togglers, Flare's search will open these up automatically to display the search term.

Does anyone have anything to add or share from their own experience?

Thanks!
LHallAtADC
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Tabs in Topics

Post by LHallAtADC »

I still cannot find any feature that will collapse expanding content when the user clicks away. I can't get the tutorial that Flare provided on its website to create working tabs with a table on each. It's a feature that our image team insists on and I cannot make it work properly. It's pretty frustrating.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Tabs in Topics

Post by trent the thief »

@ktbCA57,

Laura Johnson's tabbing system works: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/add ... re-topics/

Open Laura's code pen and paste the html into a new topic, add the css to your stylesheet, add the js to resources/scripts/js, then add the script tag to the head of the page template where you'll use it.

Sorry I couldn't post a live image. the forum doesn't postimage and that's the only host I can reach from behind my company's firewalls.

https://i.postimg.cc/kgxfK2gx/Recording ... -13-56.gif
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: