Text Editor jumps from cursor placement after Flare 2021 R3

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
barbs
Propeller Head

Text Editor jumps from cursor placement after Flare 2021 R3

Post by barbs »

I upgraded to Flare 2021 r3 (17.2.8047.30191) yesterday and I am ready to pull my hair out today over this annoyance.

Usually, when I'm in the XML editor, if I want to edit the code, I highlight a word or words in the XML Editor, and then go to the Text Editor tab. The word is also highlighted there, so it is easy to find the location I want to edit. Then I just click the exact location where I want to edit the code and make my edit. What I am finding now is that after I switch to the Text Editor tab, when I click in the spot I want to edit, the pages jumps up, so my cursor is NOT at the location that I clicked. I now need to visually scan down the page (usually about halfway down the visible page) to find the area that I wanted to edit.

Today I am working on a task that requires a good deal of back and forth between the two editors and I'm about to lose it.

Has anyone else seen this after upgrading? Or had a similar problem that was fixed by some obscure setting that maybe got messed up during the upgrade?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Text Editor jumps from cursor placement after Flare 2021

Post by Psider »

While I haven't used the new version, the zoom feature used to cause a problem like this, so you could check if you've somehow changed it from 100%.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ature1.htm
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

barbs wrote:Has anyone else seen this after upgrading? Or had a similar problem that was fixed by some obscure setting that maybe got messed up during the upgrade?
Yep, I've noticed that issue for years. It can also happen when using the find and replace (in source code) - Flare highlights the term, but when you click on the topic it jumps to a completely different position.
Unfortunately, I've never found what triggers these problems or how to fix them!

I always use zoom at 100%, so that wouldn't be the cause for me.
KennyBellew
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by KennyBellew »

I'm having this issue, and it's driving me nuts. Is there any other info that might help me resolve this problem of the curser jumping to a different location when I insert the curser into the code of the source code? My editing screen is set to 100%.
barbs
Propeller Head

Post by barbs »

Hi Kenny,

I waiting for it to happen again so I can verify, but I think that if you change the the zoom feature from 100% and then change it back again to 100%, you will have an improvement. I've done this and the problem seemed resolved, but then later I started having the problem again. Right now I'm not having this problem after doing the above. I don't know why it resets to being a problem, but this technique seems to at least fix it for a while, so I'm at least not in a constant state of irritation.

Barb