One Drive Issue: The tag present in the reparse point buffer

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
GDonn
Propeller Head

One Drive Issue: The tag present in the reparse point buffer

Post by GDonn »

When trying to build out a target, I'm getting this error; "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid." Google is telling me it's a OneDrive issue. I have my Flare projects stored on my local drive so I don't know why OneDrive is involved unless it's doing a backup that I'm not aware of. I know OneDrive doesn't play nice with MadCap so that's why I have my work stored locally. Does anyone know a simple fix for this?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: One Drive Issue: The tag present in the reparse point bu

Post by Psider »

In corporate environments, the Documents and Desktop folders are often mapped to OneDrive. Are your projects or output in those folders maybe?
GDonn
Propeller Head

Post by GDonn »

Psider wrote:In corporate environments, the Documents and Desktop folders are often mapped to OneDrive. Are your projects or output in those folders maybe?
Yes, it looks like the desktop is syncing. I keep my active Flare projects there because Flare and OneDrive don't play nice together. But it seems that the corporate OneDrive has invaded that space now too. I have a conversation going with MadCap support and I let them know that it appears to be an issue in my output folder. Typically just deleting the contents of the output folder will cure many problems in Flare but now, I can't delete anything in the output folder, even through the del command in the command prompt. Following the files through the output folder C:\Users\10047499\OneDrive - ...\Desktop\Flare Projects\M1021 EMV Configuration\Output\10047499\Temporary\M1021\M1021_E4AA636\Resources\Images\Topic Images and attempting to open that last Topic Images folder gives me the "the tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid."

I'm going to try to create a new project and carry over all of the content and project files only and try the build again. I have another target that I built out fine yesterday with no issues. It's just the primary that I'm having problems with.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Rather than creating a new project you could also try taking a copy of the project and storing it somewhere like c:\myprojects and changing the output path to c:\myoutput (or whatever, just directly off C:, to ensure it's not going to interact with onedrive). Given the Temporary folder should be deleted once Flare finishes generating the output, it feels like the onedrive sync might be stopping Flare from doing what it needs to do.