Variables not updating

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jconnors
Propeller Head

Variables not updating

Post by jconnors »

Hi there,

I'm using Madcap Flare 2022 and am trying to update some variables (namely product name and version). I open the target, go to the Variables tab, and update the variable definition. I save the file. But when I go back to the variable, it has reverted back to its previous definition. Does anyone encountered this before and can help? Thanks in advance.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Variables not updating

Post by NorthEast »

jconnors wrote: But when I go back to the variable, it has reverted back to its previous definition.
Where exactly are you looking at the variable definition? Are you opening the same target's variable tab, or looking somewhere else?

Changing the variable definition in the target's variable tab will just set a new variable definition for that target. So it won't change the original variable definition in the variable file itself, and it won't override any variable definitions that you've specifically set for snippets or microcontent.
jconnors
Propeller Head

Post by jconnors »

Hi

I am updating in the target (Variables tab). I could always update the definition in the past so I'm unsure why it doesn't now.
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Feebeegeebee »

jconnors wrote: I am updating in the target (Variables tab). I could always update the definition in the past so I'm unsure why it doesn't now.
Have you tried going to the Project Organizer > Variables folder and updating the relevant variables at that level?
That's where I normally make the changes.

Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
Nick-Metcalfe
Propeller Head

Post by Nick-Metcalfe »

I see this too, i have variables set on my target, I have added a bunch of new definitions under the variable set, when I go back to the target it is showing the default definition and not the custom one that was there previously, however if I build the target it uses the original correct variable that was set on the target, is this just a UI bug?
Cheers
Nick