context sensitive help not working for WebHelp in chrome

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
offbyone
Jr. Propeller Head

context sensitive help not working for WebHelp in chrome

Post by offbyone »

My Context Sensitive Help, which did work fine for a long time, now has stopped working in Chrome. It still works in Firefox.

I am using Flare 12 and producing WebHelp.

The help appears but both the content window and the TOC window are blank. Please see attachement.

Does webhelp no longer work?
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: context sensitive help not working for WebHelp in chrome

Post by NorthEast »

I haven't used WebHelp in years, but I built a test WebHelp target using Flare 2022, and I see the same problem in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. It only works in IE.
The browser Console shows errors in each bowser.

It's quite possible WebHelp has stopped working in some modern browsers, so I'd suggest contacting MadCap support in case they know of a workaround.

MadCap put the WebHelp target on the deprecated list in 2019, so even if you get things working this time, you really need to be moving to the HTML5 target.
Flare 12 supports HTML5 targets using Tripane and Top Nav skins, but the Side Nav skin (from Flare 2018) is better.
offbyone
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by offbyone »

Dave Lee wrote:I haven't used WebHelp in years, but I built a test WebHelp target using Flare 2022, and I see the same problem in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. It only works in IE.
The browser Console shows errors in each bowser.

It's quite possible WebHelp has stopped working in some modern browsers, so I'd suggest contacting MadCap support in case they know of a workaround.

MadCap put the WebHelp target on the deprecated list in 2019, so even if you get things working this time, you really need to be moving to the HTML5 target.
Flare 12 supports HTML5 targets using Tripane and Top Nav skins, but the Side Nav skin (from Flare 2018) is better.
I tried HTML5 and get same result.
I can manually click the TOC bar and it appears and I can then traverse the table of contexts. But nothing appears of the bat.
offbyone
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by offbyone »

Well I switched to HTML5 help and the main topic section now works, but the Contents TOC does not appear in Chrome. It is always in loading mode with the spinning circle thing.

It does work in firefox.

See attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.