Dark mode?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
qlik-lorena
Jr. Propeller Head

Dark mode?

Post by qlik-lorena »

Hi! Hope someone can helo me. I've tried finding the answer to this everywhere, but to no avail.
Is there a way to run Flare on dark mode? I don't mean the output, I mean the actual UI. The only change on the options menu is for the dark theme on the top ribbon, but that does nothing to the massive white space that is the text editor (and XML editor for that matter). I would love to have white on black. Is there a third-party plug-in that can do this? Or do I just have to accept the fact that I'll have a glaring white screen for 8 hours per day?
Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Dark mode?

Post by NorthEast »

There's no dark mode setting in Flare for the XML Editor / Text Editor view, but I've no idea if a plug-in is available.
Also, whilst dark mode could work for the Text Editor, I'm not sure how it would work in the XML Editor since that displays content using your stylesheet.

Anyway, one potential workaround, although nor a great one, is to create a dummy 'dark' medium with your dark mode colours, and select that medium in the XML editor.
So you might start off with a stylesheet something like this:

Code: Select all

@media dark {
	body
	{
		background-color: #000000;
		color: #ffffff;
	}
}
qlik-lorena
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by qlik-lorena »

Thanks @David Lee

I was hoping the XML editor could look like Sublime Text.

I'm working on a shared repository and the styles are handled by our engineers. I really thought that Flare would have a dark mode. Seems like a very simple function, and I just expected it to be there.

Cheers!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

If it's something you'd like to see, put in a feature request to MadCap.

I could certainly see a dark mode working in the Text Editor view, as (like Sublime) you're working with text-only content like HTML, CSS, etc.