No Analyzer Folder

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

No Analyzer Folder

Post by bianca_writer »

Hi,

Flare has been slow for me, so I looked up troubleshooting tips. A common suggestion is to delete the Analyzer folder. According to Flare documentation, this folder should be in the same directory as the Content and Output folders. However, I don't see the Analyzer folder (see attached screenshot).

Any idea why I don't see this folder?

Other info:
  • I'm running Flare on Parallels.
  • I'm using MadCap Flare 2022 (I haven't updated to 2022 r2 yet).
  • I have "Hidden Files" enabled.
  • I've checked the folder in Windows and macOS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: No Analyzer Folder

Post by NorthEast »

I've no idea about using Flare on Parallels, but I've noticed that when a project is on a network drive, the Analyzer folder is created on your local drive in one of the Windows folders (can't remember exactly where).
So it looks like when a project is on a network/shared drive, Flare will create individual Analyzer databases for each user on their own local drive.
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Post by bianca_writer »

Dave, thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Based on your response, I found the Analyzer folder here: Local Disk > Users > name > AppData > Local > MadCap Software.

Thanks for your help! :flare:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

MadCap's official recommendation is that projects should be stored locally rather than on a network. In the following Help topic, they specifically state that "performance and speed should be significantly better if you work on a local copy of the project rather than working on it from a remote server."

https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... roject.htm

Furthermore, it's likely not a good idea to have a project in a network location AND bound to source control. That will very likely lead to sync issues. If you are co-authoring a Git-bound Flare project with other authors, you should each have your own local copy of the project on your own computer. Then do proper commits, pushes, and pulls via the remote Git repo to keep authors synced.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!