Online Help Print Button produce blank page first

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Online Help Print Button produce blank page first

Post by WebHelpppp »

In our online help we have a standard Print button in the toolbar. When it is clicked it should produce a PDF of the current topic, but in this project it produces a blank page and then the topic. What is really strange is that in a clone of the project (or at least it should be) it prints without the blank page. I can't seem to find where the error is occurring. Any ideas?
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Re: Online Help Print Button produce blank page first

Post by WebHelpppp »

I identified the problem. The stylesheet is for web and print.

In the @media print section, h1 is set as page-break-before: always;

I add @media pdf, h1 page-break-before: avoid; and it didn't work. Any ideas how to get it to work? But then again, I don't want it to work that way for PDF Targets I want to have h1 topics start on a new page.

Is there a work around for printing for Online Outputs?

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, this should be in the Stylesheet forum, but I don't see a way to move it or delete it.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Online Help Print Button produce blank page first

Post by Psider »

The print medium is used by the browser when printing a web page (either to a printer to to some other output such as a pdf), as you have seen. You can't change the medium that the browser uses for this purpose.

Assuming you have specifically set up your print medium to suit your PDF Target, I would duplicate it, call it pdf and use that for the PDF target instead. Then change the print medium to suit how you want web pages to print.