Project Size Limitations?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
shloter
Propeller Head

Project Size Limitations?

Post by shloter »

I would post in the MadCap Central discussion thread but it hasn't been functional as of late.

I am running a large project (3.6GB+) that in the past month has been unable to publish within Central. It functions as per normal when published locally. The only errors I have seen are the generic "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" or even worse just a project publish failure without any actual errors.

The project publication fails at all possible timepoints and the last files shown that have been sorted are always different.
Does anyone know if this could be result of project size? Or if that is unlikely what we can do to troubleshoot and fix this? Because the project works beautifully locally we are at a loss.

any help would be much appreciated. Stephanie
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Project Size Limitations?

Post by Nita Beck »

Apparently Central has been having issues the last few days.

Over the Flare Slack community, there's been a fair bit of discussion. This morning (March 10), Jen Morse of MadCap posted this to that discussion:
Hi Everyone! Last night development pushed an update to Central that addressed an issue causing certain builds to queue and fail to complete. I know it was frustrating. Thanks for your patience as we worked through this, we will continue to monitor and make improvements as needed. If you are seeing issues still post push, please call into support. We are monitoring it, but do feel free to call in if you are seeing things queue and fail.
As Jen directs, call Tech Support so they are aware of the issue as you are seeing it.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!