Selecting all topics in one condition

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Selecting all topics in one condition

Post by lacastle »

Is it possible to sort my File List by Conditional tag? or just generate a certain tag? Most of my topics have no tag (since they all will be in one version of the help), but added a new tag for topics with outstanding questions (so I won't publish those files), but I want a list of the outstanding questions topics.

I wish there were reports like RoboHelp had. Is that ever going to happen? That is the ONLY thing I miss.

Thank you!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

It looks like you should be able to sort on the condition color chip column in View > File List, but it doesn't work (bug). If you create a new condition tag, something with a really obnoxious color, then it might help to see it in the File List view, even if you can't sort by the color chip.

The request for more, er, any, reporting in Flare has been submitted by other, but you should add your voice by submitting a feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Selecting all topics in one condition

Post by lacastle »

Thanks. I submitted a bug request for sorting in the File List and a feature request for more reports. It is fine just to look for the color I want in the list, but it would have preferred seeing all the topics at once.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Selecting all topics in one condition

Post by lacastle »

I found a solution for sorting by condition!
lacastle wrote:MadCap Support just informed me of a way to sort the File List by conditional tag!! (i've been searching forever, and it's very helpful when i put tags on topics that are complete, partly complete, etc.)

I was so excited to learn this that I had to share it somewhere so other people would know!

"Although the File list is not sortable by the conditional color blocks, if you scroll to the right, you will see one of the columns is "Conditions". This has text representations of the conditions applied to your files, and this column is sortable. You can reorder the columns to move the conditions area closer to the left, and also turn off columns you do not use in the File view."