Basic Madpak question

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
robert_sfl
Jr. Propeller Head

Basic Madpak question

Post by robert_sfl »

Sorry for a rather basic question, we use an older version of Flare and before upgrading the individual program would also consider moving to the Madpak packet. But I did not find a trial download, only for the individual components. I thought the catch is that the madpack offers additional interworking functions - or is the packet identical with the individual components? If not, can you give me a short hint were to trial-download the Madpak?
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Basic Madpak question

Post by Richard Ferrell »

There is not trial version of Madpak, You would need to download each application seperately, The Madpak is a complete collection of all our software. Flare Can talk with Echo, Capture and Mimic, Analyzer, and you do not need to get Madpak to get those benifits.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Yeah, Flare is not like the competitor (who shall remain nameless; we'll just call them "Stucco") who releases version 8 of the main software, waits two months for people to buy it, and then creates a NEW product suite which requires the full suite to get all the advanced functionality, and which suite requires a separate upgrade in order to get the full functionality.

See, that would be a dumb way to do business. MadCap isn't "Stucco." MadCap wouldn't do that to you. :)

So the answer is this: you can download each application separately or you can purchase the MadPak. The benefit to MadPak is that you get more bang for your buck. There is no difference in the software from the individual versions and the MadPak versions.

That would just be bad business. :)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

robert_sfl
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by robert_sfl »

Thanks for the replies, I had just hoped that I can test these additional interworking features of the Madpak because this is a requirement before buing.

>Yeah, Flare is not like the competitor

Well, yes.. you can trial-download the Technical Communication Suite so thats a difference :wink:
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

robert_sfl wrote:Thanks for the replies, I had just hoped that I can test these additional interworking features of the Madpak because this is a requirement before buing.
You can: just download each individually and install them. You can then launch the other applications from within Flare, share variable sets, etc. the same as if you had bought Madpak.

Basically, there isn't a separate middleware application that handles communication between the components. Instead, each application has the code to communicate with the others built into it. If the others are present, they can talk--if not, nothing happens. The main reason for buying them as Madpak instead of individually is to save money. (To put it another way, if you buy Flare now, Capture next month, and the other applications the month after that, you can install each one individually and still use them all together: you don't get blocked from the interoperability just because you didn't buy them as a suite.)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

robert_sfl wrote:Thanks for the replies, I had just hoped that I can test these additional interworking features of the Madpak because this is a requirement before buing.
But that is my point. There are none. MadPak is just a bulk deal where you get a discount for buying all the products at the same time. Its not even a single installer (like the TC Suite from "Stucco"). You'll still install download separate installers and launch each installer separately. You'll have to register each product separately. "MadPak" is a marketing method to get you to get all the products that will help you refine your workflow at a discount compared to buying them separately.

Downloading each product separately for trial is how you will download them in MadPak. There really is no difference.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

CharlesJet
Propeller Head

Post by CharlesJet »

doc_guy wrote: MadCap isn't "Stucco." MadCap wouldn't do that to you. :)

So the answer is this: you can download each application separately or you can purchase the MadPak. The benefit to MadPak is that you get more bang for your buck. There is no difference in the software from the individual versions and the MadPak versions.

That would just be bad business. :)
Stucco. Yes, I think I will have to steal that one, Paul.
Thanks!

Charles Jeter - personal blog
3nW Corporation
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Carpe Diem
Carpe Aestus
Carpe Noctum
Carpe Cerevisi
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-