Marking topics as empty, partly complete, and complete

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
AlanFisk
Propeller Head

Marking topics as empty, partly complete, and complete

Post by AlanFisk »

I'm new to Madcap Flare (I would rather have had Help & Manual, but nobody listens to what the technical writer wants). Is there any way to mark topics in the list of topics, with a colour coding or otherwise, as being empty, partly complete, or complete? At least a few of Flare's competitors allow you to do that. I find it a vital feature to be able to glance through the list and see at once which topics still need work.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Marking topics as empty, partly complete, and complete

Post by lacastle »

I use conditional tags at the topic level to do that. Right-click on a topic in the Content Explorer and click Properties. On the Conditional Text tab, choose a conditional tag (click the Edit Set button to add more tags).
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Post by Andrew »

While it's not really their intended use, you could use conditional tags to do this. Create conditional tags for each of empty, partly complete, and complete (you can choose whatever color you want for them), and then assign them to topics as you desire. Just remember to include them (or, rather, do not EXCLUDE them) from your targets.

Edit: lacastle beat me to it. :)
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

MadCap Support just informed me of a way to sort the File List by conditional tag!! (i've been searching forever, and it's very helpful when i put tags on topics that are complete, partly complete, etc.)

I was so excited to learn this that I had to share it somewhere so other people would know!

"Although the File list is not sortable by the conditional color blocks, if you scroll to the right, you will see one of the columns is "Conditions". This has text representations of the conditions applied to your files, and this column is sortable. You can reorder the columns to move the conditions area closer to the left, and also turn off columns you do not use in the File view."