Strange image border phenomenon

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Strange image border phenomenon

Post by Ineffable »

Please check out the attached image.

Note how the bottom border I have placed AROUND the image goes THROUGH the image.
Also note that it started occurring on step 42; all the previous 41 steps, which have images as well, do not exhibit this phenomenon.

This only shows up in the XML Editor. When I output the WebHelp or even Preview it, it's fine. Therefore, the underlying code is fine. I have re-installed the .NET Framework a couple of times, to no avail.

After some tinkering, it looks like it happens at a predefined point in the XML Editor display. For example, if I delete one or two sentences above the affected photo, the stray bottom border moves down accordingly, as if that display error occurs at that specific place all the time. Additionally, this stray bottom border issue, once it starts, will occur to every image afterwards in this topic.

The topic, by the way, is pretty long. Also, I have this running on WinXP SP2 on VMWare for Fusion for Mac (1.1.2) on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 on a MacBook Pro 17" with the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT graphics card.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Strange image border phenomenon

Post by LTinker68 »

There are occasions where the XML Editor doesn't display exactly what you see in the compiled output. If it's fine in the output, then ignore it for now and submit a bug report to http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. It's probably a bug in the underlying Internet Explorer component that's used to display the XML Editor. As you said, the topic is long and your pictures are large, so it's probably a caching/buffering issue.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Strange image border phenomenon

Post by Ineffable »

LTinker68 wrote:There are occasions where the XML Editor doesn't display exactly what you see in the compiled output. If it's fine in the output, then ignore it for now and submit a bug report to http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. It's probably a bug in the underlying Internet Explorer component that's used to display the XML Editor. As you said, the topic is long and your pictures are large, so it's probably a caching/buffering issue.
I just confirmed that is starts occurring on ordered list item #41, no matter how long or short the previous list items are!

Thanks for the advice.