MadCamp Advanced....just an idea

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
DurtyMat
Sr. Propeller Head

MadCamp Advanced....just an idea

Post by DurtyMat »

Well, I just got the e-mail notification that MadCamp is going to be held in beautiful La Jolla, Cali July 28th - 31st and it got me thinking (never a good thing) but what if MadCap provided something similar to MadCamp for Flare users who already received the Basic/Intermediate and Advanced training classes...

Just thought it would be interesting to take part in some of the other activites that MadCamp provides with some different course material. Perhaps you (MadCap that is) could provide classes that exploring the more unconventional tools Flare provides its users. I think meeting other people that use Flare and exchanging ideas in a workshop atmosphere would be pretty cool, might create some interesting help systems if you threw a bunch of crazy Flare heads in a room and said: Hit me with your best shot.....

Oh twell, just an idea :D

-dm
Flare: I bought it ... so that means I can break it, right?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: MadCamp Advanced....just an idea

Post by LTinker68 »

I like that idea, too. And no reason it has to be at MadCamp -- we users could set up some regional- or state-wide user groups that meet occasionally to go over ideas, what improvements we want in Flare and the other apps, etc.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Post by Andrew »

That's a fantastic idea...I'd love to workshop a bunch of Flare stuff, explore some of its more powerful and complicated features more fully. Of course, I couldn't get to La Jolla anytime soon, but I think it would be really interesting to form somewhat more regional groups...we could do that ourselves.

I'm in the Philadelphia area...any of you going to the STC Summit there this year?
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

I'll be at the STC Summit. Maybe MadCap will have a preview of Flare 4 there? I've never been to the conference before but I'm hoping to learn a lot!
Mike Hamilton
MadCap Executive Staff

Post by Mike Hamilton »

It is going to be tough to miss us at the STC show in Philly, we are doing the full 20 foot by 20 foot booth this year right at the entrance.
We won't be officially showing Flare 4, but if someone were to happen to catch me between sessions who knows what might be up and running on my laptop. :)

As to the idea of doing regional groups or a user summit or other ideas we are always open to suggestions. We are currently looking at the possibility of doing a small North America road show this year in the August/September time frame but it is early enough in the planning that the road show could be morphed into more of a travelling community event. I'm not quite sure how that would change the logistics of the event but I am completely open if people want to make suggestions.

Mike Hamilton
V.P. Product Management
Mike Hamilton
V.P. Product Management
MadCap software
DurtyMat
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by DurtyMat »

a flare roadshow would be pretty sweet....as long as it made a stop in florida ;)

if you really pulled off a flare roadshow, you could probably setup small workshops that catered to different users, from first time flare users to users that want to see what kind of scripts different organizations are using to provide unique and creative help system tools/functionality....
Flare: I bought it ... so that means I can break it, right?