Unlink TOC entries

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
5ynic
Propeller Head

Unlink TOC entries

Post by 5ynic »

Question:
How do I "unlink" TOC folders that are currently linked to topics, so that they link to nothing?

Cheers,
Jay
Last edited by 5ynic on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I hope this doesn't get appended to all my posts --
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unlink TOC entries

Post by wclass »

Open the TOC, select the book level entry.
Open the Properties for the book level (use F4, right-click, ...)
In the "Link" section just select and clear the link (there is no "Unlink" or "Delete" button), and click OK.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
5ynic
Propeller Head

Post by 5ynic »

Seems obvious now..... Thanks, Margaret.
-- I hope this doesn't get appended to all my posts --
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I will add my question here instead of opening a new topic. Please feel free to move it if I am wrong.

I am taking over from a colleague who left, unfortunately without a time to get introduction training.
My job is to convert a project from PDF to HTML. The PDF version was divided into several levels and the HTML version should be all combined.
I saw that my colleague created a Master TOC (for HTML) with the level TOCs for the individual levels linked to the Master TOC.
My question is how to "unlink" these individual TOCs, and get the content of these TOCs into the Master TOC.
Please see attached image. I couldn't find any tips in the official help document about this.
linkedTOC.PNG
Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

There is in general no need to do this, as the HTML project will follow the links to the sub-TOCs and insert them where they are referenced.

If the problem is that you are seeing Level1, etc. in the help TOC and you don't want that, instead having the first item in the Level1 TOC to be at the same level as Device Elements, then right-click the linked TOC entry, go to the Advanced tab, and check the box When merging, replace node with merged TOC.

If you want to do more wholesale rearranging of the TOCs then you might need to do what you asked. Just open each linked TOC, select and copy all the contents, and paste it into this TOC and delete the link.
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

Thank you.
Yes I wanted a whole rearranging of the TOCs. I asked my other colleague who is also leaving :cry: and she said it was a 10 second thing. A click somewhere to take either a tick off or put one in. But I can't find anything. So I will go the longer way.