MadCap Flare Software Technical Writer Needed

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Writing_Assistance
Jr. Propeller Head

MadCap Flare Software Technical Writer Needed

Post by Writing_Assistance »

(I hope I am not violating any forum rules with this. I wrote 2 admins and did not get a reply.)

I am a recruiter with Writing Assistance, Inc., a national staffing agency for technical writers and instructional designers. I have a client looking for a software technical writer with experienced with both MadCap Flare and Camtasia Studio in either the Houston, TX or Tulsa, OK area. They also have an opening for a junior writer, but want to fill this position first.

Job Description

Our client is looking for a software technical writer to produce and maintain online help, user reference, and technical documentation. The technical writer must be able to creatively convert highly complex information into easy-to-understand user documentation through the use of tasked procedures, diagrams, video tutorials, and conceptual reference materials. The technical writer must acquire a working knowledge of Client's oil commodity management software features and capabilities. Client's documentation team is in the exciting and challenging position of converting legacy HTML-based online reference documents into online help and other formats.

Client is an innovative, market-focused software company that dramatically improves the performance of commodity-intensive businesses. Since 1991, they have built a strong customer reference base with industry-leading companies such as ConocoPhillips, Chevron, Merrill Lynch, Tyson Foods and Southwest Airlines. Headquartered in Houston, they also have offices in Tulsa, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

Department: Product Documentation, Engineering
Reports to: Director, Product Management
Office Location: Houston or Tulsa
Required Skills:
  • * MadCap Flare (experience converting from FrontPage to Flare is a plus)
    * Camtasia Studio
    * SnagIt
    * Excellent written and verbal communication skills
    * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
    * Grasp new, complex business concepts and problems in a short period of time
    * Good at listening and asking questions
    * Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, thorough
    * Prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little supervision
    * Takes initiative in researching industry information
    * Effectively gathers information from the appropriate SMEs
    * Illustration and visual design skills
    * Takes initiative in learning client's software application
    * Able and willing to learn new technologies
    * Work in a results-oriented, deadline-driven environment
    * Strong interpersonal skills and a team-oriented mindset
    * 3-6 Experience writing and proofing product documentation for enterprise software products preferred
    * PC literate including experience and proficiency with various authoring tools
    * Industry knowledge of commodities trading preferred
Other Requirements
  • * 10% travel required
    * Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
    * Work status must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
If you're interested, send your MS Word formatted resume along with a brief summary of your skills for this position to jenifer.gitzen@writingassist.com. You can also call me at 763-551-9039 if you have any questions.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: MadCap Flare Software Technical Writer Needed

Post by forfear »

This is a good sign ppl.

Anyway...this is the first time i've seen a job relevant posting where Flare is mentioned. cool.

It took some time though...:) Unfortunately am in another part of the world!
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder