this utility crashes Flare anytime used...

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
danielg
Propeller Head

this utility crashes Flare anytime used...

Post by danielg »

I've been snooping the forum for anyone having anything to say about Preview not working too well lately (XP Pro, ver. 3.1.0); any attempt to use it crashes Flare completely. I think we saw something similar last year, thanks to a Microsoft update; has there been a .NET upgrade recently that somehow I missed...? Thanks for any enlightenment from anyone,

cheers, =dg=
...沒有容易地打破一根三倍繩子。
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: this utility crashes Flare anytime used...

Post by LTinker68 »

There could very well have been some patches. Wouldn't hurt to reinstall .NET just to eliminate that as a problem.

Also, is it crashing on the same topic, or any topic in any project? If a file somehow gets corrupted, then it can cause problems with Flare, so you might want to try it with different topics and/or projects to see if the behavior is consistent or if it's just with one topic/project.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Does it happen in the sample project?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
danielg
Propeller Head

Post by danielg »

Hmmm. :? Now that I have a little time to thoroughly test this to the point of breakage...it doesn't seem to want to break today. :roll: I've tried multiple projects, arbitrarily picking different .htms of varying complexity, and so far, no program crash. At the moment I'm suspecting possible bandwidth issues, either local or network, or both. There's considerable Sarbanes-Oxley apprehension going on in IT here these days (e.g., monitoring all and blocking certain Web browsing), so who bloody knows? So, my serious apologies for the apparent false alarm. :mrgreen: =dg=
...沒有容易地打破一根三倍繩子。