Flare repeatedly crashing

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
bbuchko
Propeller Head

Flare repeatedly crashing

Post by bbuchko »

Hey folks, I have a project due this weekend so I'm getting a little desperate. About 30 minutes ago, during a routine edit (just text edits, no drop-downs, no pop-ups, no images even, nothing special), I got the "Flare has stopped working" Windows message. It happens. Whatever. So I tried launching a few times, but every time I started editing a topic, the same thing happened. I closed all programs... same thing. Rebooted... same thing.

I'm getting very nervous. Any ideas?

UPDATE: It apparently only happens in certain topics. I emailed MadCap support. We'll see what they say.
Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare repeatedly crashing

Post by KevinDAmery »

How comfortable are you with looking in code? If you're comfortable with it, you could try opening the problem topics in the internal text editor and seeing if you can see anything that looks fishy.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

You may also want to reinstall the Dot Net Drives, and/or Upgrade to Dot Net 3.0, (Flare V4 will require Don Net 3.0 or later) Flare 3.1 will run on a newer version of Dot Net
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
bbuchko
Propeller Head

Post by bbuchko »

Thanks! I actually realized it only was happening when I cut and paste multiple levels of embedded lists (I have lots of those so it was a common occurrence). I've since just been careful about cutting only within a level instead of across levels, just so I could get this release finished. I'm going to try reinstalling dot net when I get some downtime.
Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob