Disconnecting from Source Control

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
SamV
Jr. Propeller Head

Disconnecting from Source Control

Post by SamV »

I have created a project using a previous project as a template. The previous project used source control (VSS), but I don't want to use source control on the new project. Is there a way to disconnect the new project from source control (I'm afraid I will accidentally overwrite the work I've done by saying "Yes" to the "Get Latest?" prompt)?
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Disconnecting from Source Control

Post by KevinDAmery »

Simplest thing to do would be to copy the new project and all it's files to a different location. You can then remove the Read-only attribute from the files using Windows Explorer.

Since the path is now different, any changes you make in VSS will not affect the copy. VSS is completely unaware of the copy and will not be able to over write any of its content.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
SamV
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by SamV »

Thanks for the advice Kevin.

I gave that a try. I couldn't find any of the files that were marked Read-only. When I opened the project from the new location it still asked if I wanted to get the latest version.

However, I poked around a little and found Project Properties... under the Project menu at the top of the screen in Flare. The 2nd tab is called Source Control and has an Unbind Project button. That did the trick.

I should have seen it in the Help File, but missed it somehow. Under About Source Control and Multi-Authoring near the bottom it has an "Unbind" bullet point, with a link to Unbinding a Project from Source Control.

I appreciate your post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Ah, I misunderstood - I thought you were using the VSS interface to control the files, rather than Flare's connection to VSS.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare