Is is possible to code a toggler to UNtoggle other togglers?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ChristineShirey
Propeller Head

Is is possible to code a toggler to UNtoggle other togglers?

Post by ChristineShirey »

In a window-overview topic, I'd like to display images with different portions of the window highlighted (toolbar, sidebar, list pane, details pane, etc.). Ideally, I'd like to provide names of the portions as a pseudo-menu near the top of the topic. When a user clicks a name, the corresponding image appears and (here's the problem) replaces any image that is already displayed.

I've created a bunch of togglers to achieve this partially, but for it to work as intended, the user has to close each toggler before opening the next.

Is there a way to code a toggler to close anything that is currently expanded and then display its owned Named element?

Or am I overlooking an easier way to achieve the same thing? (Very likely, since I'm stressing over an impending deadline.)

Thanks,
Christine :?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Is is possible to code a toggler to UNtoggle other togglers?

Post by LTinker68 »

ChristineShirey wrote:Is there a way to code a toggler to close anything that is currently expanded and then display its owned Named element?
Not currently, although I've put in a feature request for that capability. I suggest you submit your own request (squeaky wheel and all that) at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

I know there are also ways to swap images in and out using javascript, but I'm not enough of a coder to be able to tell you how. :( AFAIK, you'd need to create the code separately and add it to the Flare topic, as Flare doesn't have tools to create custom javascript internally.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I think I tried Dreamweaver's show/hide "layers" feature once, but I couldn't get it to work when copied to Flare, but I also didn't spend that much time on it. If you have Dreamweaver, you could try creating the effect you want and then copy-and-paste the code into the topic. You wouldn't be using the togglers anymore, but you could set it up to look almost the same.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Post by Andrew »

I've been meaning to send a feature request very like this for a while. Well, now is as good a time as any. :)

What I'd like to do is to be able to control "exclusive" toggles: some toggles can be open with others, and some, if you open them, will close every other toggle on the screen (because I'm interested in using both types of toggles).
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0