Resources folder...

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rkiskan
Propeller Head

Resources folder...

Post by rkiskan »

Question is ... can I specify a different location for my Resources folder othe than the defined by default when Flare create a project?
Maybe I want this on a shared drive where others can add files? Is this possible?

Thanks
Robin
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Resources folder...

Post by KevinDAmery »

I'm not sure if you can specify a different folder structure, but you can of course put the entire Flare project on a shared drive / folder if you wish.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jmenning
Propeller Head

Post by jmenning »

You can change the name of the folder (I did - everything works fine) but it looks like it would be real work to keep some or all resources outside of the project. If I try to use a stylesheet (for example) that exists outside of the project, Flare just copies it into the project.

If you want to keep a central store of resources, your best bet might be to use a sync tool that will monitor the local and remote Resources folders and keep them matched up. Then any time a change is made to the remote copy, your local file is also automatically updated. There's potential for conflict if several people are working on the same file, but once a resource has been well established, that shouldn't be a big deal.
rasved
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rasved »

A good handling of external data would propably also solve the problem, that ALL information in the resource-folder is attached to the output-file.

In a perfect world only resources, which is actually needed and used in the project should be included in the final output-file.

I add a suggestion and start a thread...