v4 DotNetHelp Viewer...features?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

v4 DotNetHelp Viewer...features?

Post by Andrew »

I see there is a v4 DotNetHelp Viewer...have any features been added to this? Is it the same thing, just repackaged?
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: v4 DotNetHelp Viewer...features?

Post by LTinker68 »

Good question. That's just the viewer to view DotNet Help but there might have been changes to the DotNet Help output that require the updated viewer. It would probably be a good idea to distribute the newer viewer with the DotNet Help generated by Flare v4.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

IIRC it is now possible to turn off the splash screen, which would require a new viewer so that the viewer can do what is asked.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The New SDK and Viewer does give you the option to not have the Splash screen when the Dot Net Help is opened from an Application
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Marc
Propeller Head

Post by Marc »

LTinker68 wrote:It would probably be a good idea to distribute the newer viewer with the DotNet Help generated by Flare v4.
I agree that it's probably a good idea. Is it required though? Any official word from MadCap on this?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I think the easiest would to try it out. Load the application with the V3 viewer on a test system and then drop in the output generated from V4. Then run through the test plan. That may be faster than getting an official response and also will provide real information.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

The Biggest changes where in the SDK for Dot Net, we allow you to remove the Splash screen from the viewer if not embeded in your application.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Marc
Propeller Head

Post by Marc »

Richard: Thanks!

Ramon: I have tried viewing a Flare 3 generation in the Flare 4 DotNet Reader. At a glance, my help seemed imperfect, but usable. I asked for an official response so that I might benefit from some of the wisdom that MadCap might have gained during their testing. That's why I asked for an official response -- not to be told to test it myself. FYI, the DotNet Reader is integrated into my company's product. To switch to the new reader, I need to involve other people, and I was curious if this was a "sooner" thing or a "later" thing.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Well, that wasn't anything you mentioned in your earlier post....so, how should I know? But it seems as that you got your answer.