Linking to Index, Glossary, Favorites & Search

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
nick777
Propeller Head

Linking to Index, Glossary, Favorites & Search

Post by nick777 »

How do I link to the index, glossary, favorites and search like Flare has in their help menu? I'm running webhelp output for use in a webapp, so I assume that there is a best way of doing this on our web app? I'd like to add those options under our help drop down menu.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Linking to Index, Glossary, Favorites & Search

Post by LTinker68 »

There was only one way I could figure out how to do it, because there isn't a mechanism for calling to a specific pane like you can a specific topic. The way I did it was to create four skins. The default skin had the TOC set as the default pane and that's the one where I set all my toolbar styles, accordion button styles, logo selection, etc. I then copied that skin and renamed it Search and then set it to have the search pane as the default pane. I copied the default skin two more times and set the Glossary skin to default to the glossary pane and the Index skin to default to the index pane.

When you build the WebHelp output, all of the skins are included in the output. Your programmer then makes the call to the help output file (default.htm or default_CSH.htm) and appends the appropriate skin name to the end of the call.

I can't remember if I put in a feature request to have that automated without having to create three additional skins and I haven't checked to see if v4 has that capability. But that's what I did for v3.1 output.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.