Table content style issues

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

Table content style issues

Post by todd.richardson »

Hello,

I've created a 3x3 table with invisible borders, and I'm trying to assign either p style or th style (I've tried both) to the content in the table cells. When I assign the custom style and then attempt to change that style through the stylesheet, or modify the table in any (such as by manually resizing the column widths), the text in the cells is replaced by a warning as shown in the examples below:

The table with test text in each cell:

The result when (in this instance) the style used to format the text was changed (specifically, the line-height value):

Here is the style code from the stylesheet:

Code: Select all

p.BACKCOVERTABLE
	{
		font-family: 'Avenir LT 55 Roman', sans-serif;
		font-size: 8.5pt;
		color: #000000;
		display: table-cell;
		line-height: 0.5px;
	}
Has anyone seen this before or know why this is happening? Is there any advice you can give for applying custom styles (p or th) to table content?
Thanks.
Todd Richardson
Engineering Team Lead – Customer Experience | IntervalZero

Windows 10, Flare 2020
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Table content style issues

Post by LTinker68 »

First, <th> is only for the heading row of a table. For cells other than the table row, the tag is <td>.

I'm not sure of the "Table Cell Outside Table: Test" means, but you can't have a line-height of .5px if your font-size is 8.5pt. There isn't a straight correlation from px to pt, but think of it as saying that you set the line-height to .5pt, as in, half the size of one point. You wouldn't be able to see the text, or you'd only be able to see the very tips of the text. If you want to separate how much space is between the text inside one cell, then on the <p> tag, set the margin-bottom value to something like 6pt. That's the same as setting the "after" value on a paragraph in Word to 6pt. Or, if you want to keep using the line-height property, then set it to 12.75pt (1.5 x font size), or 17pt (2x or "double spaced").

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

Thanks for the reply.

I actually meant 'th' to be 'td.' That was a typo (x2).
As for the line height, I changed it to an arbitrary value to try and reproduce the problem (that is why the 'line-height' value is unrealistic). Anyway, I haven't found a correlation between line height and the error that results - as I mentioned, it occurs whenever I edit the style (in any way) or change the dimensions of the table.

Might be one for Support. Let me know if anything else comes to mind.
Todd Richardson

Windows 10, Flare 2020
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Oops, missed something before. Try removing the display property from the paragraph tag or set it back to "block".

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
todd.richardson
Sr. Propeller Head

I will try that. Thanks!
Todd Richardson

Windows 10, Flare 2020