Problem applying styles

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
susant
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem applying styles

Post by susant »

Is there any option like the Format Painter in Flare the way we have one in MS Word? I am finding it difficult sometimes to get the appropriate style from the Style Toolbar. For example, I have named one paragraph style in the style sheet to use in the content, but it does not show in the list of Styles in the toolbar in the Flare interface.
Susant Paikaray
Hyderabad
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem applying styles

Post by RamonS »

The list only contains those styles that apply to the type of content that you are currently in. So if it is a paragraph you'd only see the paragraph styles. So for whatever tag the style "Style" is defined you need to be inside such a tag in order to see it. I think that's stupid to some extent, but that is how Flare works and it prevents one from applying a style defined for <td> to <p>.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

... and to answer your original question, no there isn't a format painter.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

... but you could create a generic class that can be applied to any tag and because it's a generic class, it'll always show up in the Styles pane or drop-down menu because it's not affiliated with just one type of tag.

And welcome to the forums.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
susant
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by susant »

The real problem lies in tables while adding row and column and the style set for the table text doesnt show up in the new row or column. For example: if i use 'table-text' style for tables and try to add new row in that i dont find the same 'table-text' style in the style toolbar. Even if i copy the text from other row to get the required style i dont get the same result in the output. The text in the new row looks different from the other rows in the output.Any suggestion?
LTinker68 wrote:... but you could create a generic class that can be applied to any tag and because it's a generic class, it'll always show up in the Styles pane or drop-down menu because it's not affiliated with just one type of tag.

And welcome to the forums.
Susant Paikaray
Hyderabad
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

susant wrote:Any suggestion?
Unfortunately, no. I got away from using the table styles in Flare because they have a problem with merged cells. I haven't played around with table styles in v4, so that might have changed. Depending on the effect I want, I create either a custom <tr> or <td> class and manually apply it to the appropriate row or cells. Granted, it's not as efficient as using table styles if I try to insert a row in the middle of the table, but if I inserted a row and there were merged cells whose styles I had to manually correct before, then I'm probably going to have to correct them manually again. So I decided to go the route of using manual table styles.

If no one else has a solution, then you should submit a bug report at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.