How to set floating text box to contain all topic links

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
gdavism2m
Jr. Propeller Head

How to set floating text box to contain all topic links

Post by gdavism2m »

All,
In my help file topics I have a Related Information text box that floats at the top along the right side. In it I have link to related topics elsewhere in the file.

1. How can I set the text box to auto expand or contract based on the number of links in the box? Currently the text box isn't big enough for all the links or too big and there is a lot of empty space.

2. The positioning of the text box looks fine in WYSIWYG mode where all the text wraps before it gets to the text box. On some topics this appears OK in preview mode and in other topics the text appears below the text box and there is a huge amount of white space the length of the text box.

Does this make any sense? How can I correctly set up the Related Information floating text box to be consistent from topic to topic. I don't have this problem with RH.

I have added a copy of screenshots so you can see what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg Davis
Senior Technical Writer - Made2Manage
Consona ERP
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to set floating text box to contain all topic links

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you specify a height for your DIV? You might need to set the height to "auto". And you might need to set/adjust the overflow property. I don't remember what the possible values are off the top of my head (I don't have Flare open at the moment), but play around with those two properties.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
gdavism2m
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to set floating text box to contain all topic links

Post by gdavism2m »

Lisa,
Thanks for the pointers. That worked. I adjusted the height of the div to auto and then set the size-height of the text box to default and now they work. Both the size of the text box encompasses all the links and the text wraps to the size of the text box.
Greg Davis
Senior Technical Writer - Made2Manage
Consona ERP